Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Google Reader

Good news! At long last (now that our class is about half over) I have finally figured out how to use and access Google Reader! I'm not sure why it didn't click the first class--or any subsequent classes--until recently. I couldn't figure out how to share my digital storyboard, so I did mine in PowerPoint instead. It wasn't until last week's virtual class where I had to figure it out for the assignment that the light bulb finally went off. Check out Megan's most recent blog post here where she talks about the importance of letting kids use trial and error to figure out how to do something new. That's exactly what I had to do before it sunk in. My dad used to say, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." Well, look at that, Dad, this old dog has learned plenty of new tricks!



Image credit: Google images: kristinelowe.blogs.com

1 comment:

  1. that's why we're constructivists - kids (and we!) will only learn what we're ready to learn. love!

    ReplyDelete