Sunday, April 8, 2012

Digital Story - Let's Learn About Time! A Guide to Learning How to Tell Time

Okay, at long last I've finally completed my digital story in Photo Story 3 for Windows called "Let's Learn About Time! A Guide to Learning How to Tell Time." I uploaded it to Google Docs in the .wmv format (sorry; I forgot that the Photo Story file couldn't be viewed on Macs). I also finally figured out how to upload it to You Tube:


The story will work best with grades K - 2. It can be used to help young children understand the concepts of time to the hour and the daily routines of their week. This was quite a challenging project for me--it took me a while to figure out the narration and music selections, but I think it came out pretty well. Please feel free to post your comments once it actually loads; I look forward to your feedback!

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't open it on my mac :( But I can't wait to see it when it's on youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The file format you used will only work on PCs. You need to re-save your movie file with this extension: .wmv so others can open it. You can also upload the movie to YouTube and provide a link that way or simply embed the YouTube into a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it. Glad you could finally upload it. Now that you know the process, you should make more instructional digital videos. You have the perfect voice and inflection for these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how the music changed for every hour. If you make more, I'd experiment with how far you are from the mic..in some places it seems like you were a bit too close. Overall, enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teach kindergarten. I think this is a great way to show time to the hour and daily routines. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I teach first grade and would love to share this with my students. We did a whole unit on telling time in math which is new to our math curriculum this year. I think you should share this and offer it to other teachers, on a wider scale to use. It is not only educational but it is "catchy" to the young ones with the music and visuals. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Rachel and Roseanne; please feel free to use with your students!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you incorporated the idea of telling time in this video. It's also nice because you have images of the different things the students do at each time of the day. This was a really neat idea!

    ReplyDelete