Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Using Google Reader

I love using Google Reader to read classmates' blogs; it makes everything much easier to access. Before I felt comfortable using Google Reader I would fall back on the Google Doc from our very first class where we all had to create a blog and put our URL and name in the table. I went back to that document over and over again until I realized there was an easier way (there usually is, isn't there?). I finally discovered what everyone else already knew--that I can see at a glance what everyone is up to (and how far behind I am compared to my colleagues!). Once I started using Google Reader my life got a little easier. I try to keep up with everyone's blog, but I especially admire Brianna for creating a separate blog about cooking (click the link for this week's tasty recipe for Cheeseburger Egg Rolls). I try to follow that one, too. I also follow a high school friend's blog that I saw on Facebook: Tom Boutell's Innards.

2 comments:

  1. Now that you have discovered the beauty of Google Reader, don't forget to follow blogs written by teachers in your certification area. Look for the Subscribe button. If you cannot find it on blogs, there is another way to subscribe, but I would need to walk you through that method. Let me know when you are ready. There are many blogs maintained by teachers and educators worth following. This is also an excellent and free way to contribute to your professional development and advances as a lifelong learner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love google reader. I am starting to use it more and more - and I will for sure use it after this class. I am also following blogs of other teachers :)

    ReplyDelete